Website Prime Distribution Services
Reports to: Operations Manager
Position Summary: Plans, organizes, directs and controls the activities of the Operations function of the organization; with oversite for all facility locations. Responsible for the performance of all operational departments with the objective of maximizing growth and profitability; as well as day to day leadership to Prime Distribution and Temp associates. This position will be located at the Prime Distribution Services office located in Plainfield, IN.
Essential Function / Responsibility Statements:
- Provide leadership, direction and overall strategic guidance for all operational functions which includes a management team and up to 50 plus associates.
- Responsible to attain and execute daily operational goals and plans, resolve potential problems.
- Track metrics and implement programs for improvement.
- Produce performance reports and executive summary reports.
- Ensure all contractual metrics are consistently met or exceeded.
- Must be able to operate in an efficient/cost-conscious manner so that all budgeted objectives are achieved.
- Identify areas for improvement in all aspects of operations.
- Create and maintain a well-trained staff that could be promoted through cross-training and mentoring.
- Effectively represent the organization to current and potential clients.
- Ensure integrity and discretion when handling sensitive and confidential information.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities:
Education: High School, College Degree preferred
Experience: Five or more year’s related experience, two or more years International pick/ship preferred
Computer Skills: Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), and a solid understanding of all Windows applications
Other Requirements: Valid State Driver’s License
Prime Distribution Services, Inc. provides warehousing, cross-docking, packaging, and multi-vendor freight consolidation services. The company offers logistics, inventory management, order fulfillment, LTL consolidation program, retail case picking, truckload (TL) brokerage, electronic data interchange, and related LTL and TL services. It serves retailers, distributors, and warehouses in the United States. The company was founded in 1990 and is based in Indianapolis, Indiana with warehouse locations in Plainfield and Greenwood, Indiana; Stockton, California; Mesquite, Texas; and Atlanta, Georgia. It also has sales offices in Plainfield, Indiana; Bentonville, Arkansas; and Norcross, Georgia. Prime Distribution Services, Inc. operates as a subsidiary of Roadrunner Transportation Systems, Inc.