Ascent Global Logistics
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports To: Director of Carrier Development and Yield Management
Purpose: The purpose of the Truckload Pricing Analyst role is to facilitate company revenue growth and to drive profit improvement through analysis and interpretation of business data, strategic decision making, and coordination with the sales organization.
Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Analyze Truckload freight bid data and coordinate with sales and other RRTS operating companies as needed to jointly develop an account penetration and profit optimization strategy for each business opportunity.
- Analyze and project profit margins for existing customers and potential (new) account opportunities.
- Prepare reports using Microsoft Office from the McLeod & MercuryGate Software systems. McLeod Software training will be provided.
- Make account pricing decisions based upon business data, market trends, and cost intelligence.
- Provide support for sales and operating company leaders in response to customers’ needs and concerns.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
Receives very general guidance with respect to overall objectives; work is usually quite independent of others; operates within division or department policy guidelines using independent judgment in achieving assigned objectives. Upward mobility is possible as the truckload pricing team expands and the business increases through acquisitions as well as organic growth.
Qualifications and Requirements: The qualifications and requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education /Experience Skills:
- A four-year degree in business and or equivalent work experience.
- Excellent organizational skills, research and problem solving skills, strong PC skills, excellent phone manners, accurate with details and a demonstrated ability to prioritize and handle a variety of tasks in an organized manner.
- Experience or interest in transportation is preferred.
Language Skills: Relies on written and verbal communication.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as pricing contracts and tariffs.
- Communicates internally with entire corporate office, including executive level management, Ascent operating companies and externally with Ascent Global Logistics customers.
Technical Experience: Specific industry or position skills.
- Basic personal computer skills including electronic mail, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc.
- MS Excel skills including, but not limited to, proficiency in pivot tables and formulas.
- Proficient in MS Word and Outlook.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
The above statements reflect the general details necessary to describe the principal functions of the position and are not intended to be all inclusive. The position and any of the requirements listed above are subject to change at any time according to the changing needs of the company.