Ascent Global Logistics
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: Vice President of Transportation Solutions
Purpose: The primary responsibility of the Senior Director of Key Account Management to is to lead and direct the Key Account Management team at Ascent Global Logistics to meet or exceed sales revenue, sales profitability and budgetary objectives.
Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Develop, motivate and coach a well-trained, well-educated motivated Key Account Management (KAM) team.
- Manage efforts to achieve budget targets, including overseeing and implementing annual Sales Quota for all personnel
- Manage and prioritize all opportunities to enhance client relationships to accelerate the decision-making process that will grow revenue through increased utilization.
- Participates with other senior managers in developing strategy for accounts in transition to the KAM team and building the relationship, trust and value of Ascent Global Logistics.
- Ability to define, create, and manage meaningful KPI measurements and reporting.
- Effectively plan for and monitor Account penetration at multiple layers within the Client Organization
- Support sales training programs that enable staff to achieve their potential and further company sales objectives.
- Work with and assist KAM personnel to close key deals.
- Maintain consistency and adherence to the Marketing Materials and go-to-market strategy developed for the Transportation Solutions Division
- Continuously Recruit for current needs as well as future open positions in the group.
- Create consistency in client facing presentations and marketing materials.
- Conduct Quarterly Written Reviews to ensure quota attainment, account profitability and diverse use of Ascent Global Logistics.
- Review and approve pricing programs, quotes and sales expenses.
- Participate in customer entertainment as needed outside of regular work hours.
- Respond to customer inquiries and concerns in a timely and ethical manner.
- Demonstrate excellent knowledge of all solutions provided by Ascent Global Logistics in all customer and prospect interactions.
Receives guidance with respect to overall objectives; work with operations and within company and department policies and guidelines using independent judgment to achieve assigned objectives.
Qualifications and Requirements: The qualifications and requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education/Experience Skills: Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university; minimum of 5+ years demonstrated success in selling complex, 3PL solution sales; minimum 5+ years of Sales Management experience.
- Recruitment: Demonstrated success in recruiting great sales executives and making them successful.
- Language Skills: Relies on written and verbal communication. Able to read, analyze and interpret financial reports, industry journals and legal documents. Able to respond to verbal and written inquiries or complaints from customers. Able to effectively present information to customers, prospects, top management, and public groups. Communicates internally with all departments at the corporate office, with other terminals, third parties agencies, customers and prospects.
- Technical Experience: Specific industry skills include detailed understanding of Less-than-truckload 3PL sales, truckload brokerage sales (agent and employee), and freight audit/payment.
- Basic personal computer skills.
- Managerial Experience: Experience managing accounts, Account Executives, expenditures and the selection, training, development and appraisal of employees.
- Office Skills: Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and ten key skills.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- Specific Skills: Must possess a current valid driver’s license. Involves a high degree of responsibility for working with, safeguarding and controlling highly restricted information, knowledge or important confidences and criterion related to research and development of customer data, future plans, policies, business prospects, finances, etc. the release of which could have a detrimental effect and impact on the company’s affairs or undermine its competitive position. Must be self-motivated, able to maintain confidentiality, honest, friendly, punctual, and organized, have a positive attitude and be able to work unsupervised.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and projects. Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions in written, oral, diagram or schedule form Prioritize, organize and delegate assignments.
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: Light physical activity performing non-strenuous daily activities of an administrative nature. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, reach/handle items, work with the fingers, see clearly at 20 feet or more, have depth perception, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus and talk and hear others in conversations via the phone or in person.
- Work Environment: The noise level is moderate based on general conversation tones, ringing phones and laser printer operation. Works in well-lighted, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor office setting with adequate ventilation. Can be subject to occasional wet or humid conditions (non-weather), fumes or airborne particles, extreme cold (non-weather), and outdoor weather conditions when touring prospect or client plants. Travel (25% minimum) by land and/or air required.
The above statements reflect the general details necessary to describe the principal functions of the position and are not intended to be all inclusive. The position and any of the requirements listed above are subject to change at any time according to the changing needs of the company.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com