Ascent Global Logistics
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: VP of Finance
Purpose: The Senior Accountant directs the establishment and maintenance of the company’s accounting principles, practices, procedures and internal controls for the creation of its financial records, the preparation of its internal and external financial reporting and the control of assets.
Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Prepare monthly analysis of company operating performance.
- Prepare journal entries based on account and business analysis and processes.
- Prepare and reconcile all assigned Balance Sheet account reconciliations and Income Statement variance analysis.
- Provide direction, oversight and integrity to the accounting and financial reporting systems, to include the maintenance of a strong system of internal controls.
- Manage time to assure compliance with key accounting submissions and deadlines.
- Calculates and records complex analysis and computations surrounding monthly/quarterly reserves.
- Performs variance analysis and insight to operational trends and relays to operational leaders.
- Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Thorough knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), as well as oversight of Sarbanes Oxley compliance and testing for the company.
- Assists VP of Finance with special projects.
- Attends assigned meetings, including those outside regularly scheduled hours.
- Participates in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Provides leadership to others through sharing of knowledge and advisory skills.
Receives general guidance with respect to overall objectives; work is usually quite independent of others but operates in a team environment; operates within division or department policy guidelines using independent judgment in achieving assigned objectives.
Qualifications and Requirements: The qualifications and requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions when requested.
- Bachelor’s degree with major in accounting from a four-year college or university
- CPA required
- 3-5 years related experience and training
Language Skills: Relies on written and verbal communication.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and financial reports; to respond to common inquiries, and members of the internal business units; to effectively present information to top management.
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills to effectively interact with diverse groups of constituents, including directors, peers and staff members.
- Proficient personal computer skills including electronic mail, record keeping, routine database activity, word processing, graphics, etc.
- Expertise in using MS Excel for analytical and reporting including the use of Filters, Charts, Pivot Tables and analytical functions such as VLOOKUP, SUMIF, and VLOOKUP.
- Thorough knowledge of GAAP.
- Preferred knowledge of AS/400, Great Plains accounting systems, and intermediate/advanced Microsoft Office, specifically Microsoft Excel.
Managerial Experience: Ability to manage time and work efficiently.
Office Skills: Keyboarding, filing and ten key skills. MS Office.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, rations and proportions to practical situations.
- Involves a high degree of responsibility for working with, safeguarding and controlling highly restricted information, knowledge or important confidences and criterion related to research and development of customer data, future plans, policies, business prospects, finances, etc. the release of which could have a detrimental effect and impact on the company’s affairs or undermine its competitive position.
- Must be self-motivated and have the ability to maintain confidentiality. Must be friendly, punctual, organized, have a positive attitude and be able to work unsupervised
Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Prioritize tasks.
- Handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Prioritize, organize, and delegate assignments.
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions when requested.
- Light physical activity performing non-strenuous daily activities of an administrative nature.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, work on a computer, reach and handle items, work with the fingers, see clearly at 20 feet or more, have depth perception, peripheral vision, adjust focus and talk and hear others in conversations via the phone or in person.
- The noise level is moderate based on general conversation tones, ringing phones and laser printer operation.
- Works in well-lighted, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor office setting with adequate ventilation.
The above statements reflect the general details necessary to describe the principal functions of the position and are not intended to be all inclusive. The position and any of the requirements listed above are subject to change at any time according to the changing needs of the company.
Ascent Global Logistics is a participant in the CTPAT program and, as such, requires safety and security to be a responsibility of all personnel. Each individual will be provided training and is responsible to report any threats or anomalies to management or security immediately. Ascent Global Logistics is an EOE.
Interested candidates should send a resume to Human Resources at Kenya.firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com