Website Ascent Global Logistics
Purpose: The Account Executive position focuses on new business growth and retaining current business from accounts with multiple shipping locations and, typically, one corporate or 3PL control location.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Develops new business through a variety of prospecting and development techniques, keeping profitability intact with growth.
- Builds and maintains relationships with customers through regular professional communication & contact, making multiple contacts with the accounts hierarchy.
- Collaborates with Operations to understand current customer’s needs and resolve any issues or concerns.
- Develops account pricing requirements and submits for corporate approval.
- Completes weekly sales reports and account profiles as needed.
- Responds to customer inquiries and concerns in a timely and ethical manner.
- Demonstrates excellent knowledge of Ascent Global Logistics services in all customer and prospect interactions.
- Assists with collections.
Receives very general guidance with respect to overall objectives; work is usually quite independent of others; operates within the division or department policy guidelines using independent judgment in achieving assigned objectives
Qualifications and Requirements: The qualifications and requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions when requested.
- Education/Experience Skills: Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university; or three years or more of sales experience in international logistics and/or customs brokerage, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Language Skills: Relies on written and verbal communication.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret pricing agreements, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers and members of the business community.
- Ability to effectively present information to customers, prospects, top management, and public groups.
- Communicates internally with all service center departments and Corporate Office and externally with customers, agents, consignees and prospects.
- Technical Experience: Specific industry or position skills.
- International Logistics-all modes
- Basic understanding of Customs Process
- Excellent sales skills
- Outlook, Microsoft Word and Excel knowledge.
- Managerial Experience: Ability to manage time and work efficiently.
- Office Skills: Keyboarding, filing and ten-key skills. MS Office. Familiar with Sales and Marketing Software/CRM.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume.
- Specific Skills:
- Must possess a current valid driver’s license
- Involves a high degree of responsibility for working with, safeguarding and controlling highly restricted information, knowledge or important confidences and criterion-related to research and development of customer data, future plans, policies, business prospects, finances, etc. the release of which could have a detrimental effect and impact on the company’s affairs or undermine its competitive position.
- Must be self-motivated and have the ability to maintain confidentiality. Must be friendly, punctual, organized, have a positive attitude and be able to work unsupervised
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Prioritize and organize tasks.
- Handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions when requested.
- Daily outside travel to make sales calls in any weather.
- Light physical activity performing non-strenuous daily activities of an administrative nature.
- Outside salespeople are regularly required to sit, stand, travel to and from a customer’s place of business, tour the place of business, work on a personal computer, reach and handle items, work with the fingers, see clearly at 20 feet or more, have depth perception, peripheral vision, adjust focus and talk and hear others in conversations via the phone or in person.
The above statements reflect the general details necessary to describe the principal functions of the position and are not intended to be all-inclusive. The position and any of the requirements listed above are subject to change at any time according to the changing needs of the company.
Ascent Global Logistics is a participant in the CTPAT program and, as such, requires safety and security to be the responsibility of all personnel. Each individual will be provided training and is responsible to report any threats or anomalies to management or security immediately. Ascent Global Logistics is an EOE.