Ascent Global Logistics
Are you looking to work with a welcoming, helpful, friendly team? Are you interested in challenging and rewarding work? If you are an ambitious professional, then Ascent Global Logistics is the opportunity you’ve been looking for!
The Safety Administrator facilitates compliance with Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations (FMCSR)
Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Organizes and posts required safety compliance training and other compliance records to TenStreet.
- Approves contractor and fleet driver applications.
- Enters FMCSA required training records.
- Communicates with locations to ensure records are submitted to the Safety Department.
- Responds to “past-employment” verifications received from other motor carriers.
- Distributes and communicates IC audit results to domiciled terminals.
- Reviews and distributes driver score card CSA results.
- Conducts the California Pull Notice Program.
- Works the log audit process.
- Tracks safety compliance violations.
- Tracks monthly compliance audit results.
- Monitors and tracks CSA Inspections.
- Reviews, enters and tracks vehicle maintenance records.
- Reviews, enters and tracks annual and BIT inspections.
- Monitors and processes Transflo imaged documents.
- Reviews and distributes Trip Report Discrepancy documents as needed.
- Scans and images FMCSA training and compliance records.
- Distributes department mail.
- Answers phone calls and assists callers with Safety related questions.
- Processes accident calls and accident register.
- Assists in the Administration of the IC and fleet driver random drug and alcohol program.
- Monitors, prints and distributes documents scanned to Safety Department.
- Assists with contractor orientation preparation as needed
- Codes invoices.
- Supports contractor compliance.
- Participates in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Performs routine duties with minimal supervision; operates independently within standard practices or procedures; occasional check of work while in progress; work is reviewed upon completion.
Qualifications and Requirements: The qualifications and requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education/Experience Skills: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Skills: Relies on written and verbal communication.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to contractors, customers and other employees of the organization.
- Communicates internally with Safety and externally with terminals and contractors.
Technical Experience: Specific industry or position skills.
- Basic personal computer skills.
- Preferred knowledge of Tenth Street, McLeod and Microsoft word and Excel.
Managerial Experience: None.
Office Skills: Typing, filing and ten key skills.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Specific Skills: None.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Prioritize tasks.
- Handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
Ascent Global Logistics offers comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance package, matching 401(K) program, along with the opportunity to work in an environment that values employees and customers at each point of the business.