Website Ascent Global Logistics
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Director of Trade Management
Purpose: The Pricing Analyst will assist sales in quoting new business or existing business.
Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Prepare and execute documents for U.S. Customs and other government agency releases
- Creating quotes to present to customers
- Request pricing from various vendors (airlines, steamship lines, truckers, warehouses, agents, etc.)
- Review margin analysis for sales account base
- Provide continual follow-up with new and existing clients with regards to margin review and account profitability
- Provide accurate and timely pricing quotes to sales, operations and direct to customers
- Continual evaluation of industry trends and government regulations
- Assist management in negotiating and finalizing deals
- Handle customer complaints
- Assist with rate negotiation and familiarity of client products and services
- Other duties as assigned
Receives general guidance with respect to overall objectives; work is usually quite independent of others but operates in a team environment; operates within division or department policy guidelines using independent judgment in achieving assigned objectives.
Qualifications and Requirements: The qualifications and requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions when requested.
- Education/Experience Skills:
- High school diploma or GED required; college degree helpful
- Industry experience preferred
- Previous office experience required
- Language Skills:
- Relies on written and verbal communication
- Communicates internally with all internal employees; externally with customers, agents, consignees and prospects
- Technical Experience: Specific industry or position skills
- International Logistics – all modes
- Basic understanding of Customs Process
- Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel knowledge
- Managerial Experience:
- Ability to manage time and work efficiently
- Office Skills:
- Keyboarding, filing and ten key skills
- Microsoft Office
- Familiar with sales and marketing software/CRM
- Mathematical Skills:
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, rates, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume
- Specific Skills:
- Must possess a current valid driver’s license
- Involves a high degree of responsibility for working with, safeguarding and controlling highly restricted information, knowledge or important confidences and criterion related to research and development of customer data, future plans, policies, business prospects, finances, etc., the release of which could have a detrimental effect and impact on the company’s affairs or undermine its competitive position
- Must be self-motivated and have the ability to maintain confidentiality
- Must be friendly, punctual, organized, have a positive attitude and be able to work unsupervised
- Relationships and contacts within accounts based in the assigned accounts
- Reasoning Ability:
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions in written, oral, diagram or schedule form
- Prioritize and organize tasks
- Handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions when requested.
- Physical Demands:
- Light physical activity performing non-strenuous daily activities of an administrative nature
- Regularly required to sit, stand, work on a computer, reach and handle items, work with the fingers, see clearly at 20 feet or more, have depth perception, peripheral vision, adjust focus and talk and hear others in conversations via the phone or in person
The above statements reflect the general details necessary to describe the principal functions of the position and are not intended to be all-inclusive. The position and any of the requirements listed above are subject to change at any time according to the changing needs of the company.
Ascent Global Logistics is a participant in the CTPAT program and, as such, requires safety and security to be a responsibility of all personnel. Each individual will be provided training and is responsible to report any threats or anomalies to management or security immediately. Ascent Global Logistics is an EOE.
Interested candidates should send a resume to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com