Ascent Global Logistics
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports To: Director of Business Development
Purpose: The Logistics Account Executive identifies and develops profitable business through new and existing relationships while working closely with our Logistics operations network and leaders.
Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Develops new business through a variety of prospecting and development techniques, including cold calling and making appointments.
- Builds and maintains relationships with customer accounts through regular friendly and professional contact, including meals and entertainment.
- Collaborates with Operations to understand current customer’s needs and resolve any issues or concerns.
- Develops account pricing and internally submits pricing requests to their supervisor for approval.
- Creates weekly sales reports and account profiles as needed by the supervisor.
- Responds to customer inquiries and concerns in a timely and ethical manner.
- Demonstrates excellent knowledge of RRTS services in all customer and prospect interactions.
- Assists with collections.
- Participates in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Provides leadership to other employees through example and sharing of knowledge/skill.
Receives very general guidance with respect to overall objectives; work is usually quite independent of others; operates within division or department policy guidelines using independent judgment in achieving assigned objectives
Qualifications and Requirements: The qualifications and requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions when requested.
Education/Experience Skills: Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university; or two years or more of sales experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Skills: Relies on written and verbal communication.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret pricing agreements, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers and members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to customers, prospects, top management, and public groups.
- Communicates internally with all service center departments and Corporate Office and externally with customers, agents, consignees and prospects.
Technical Experience: Specific industry or position skills.
- Excellent sales skills.
- Extensive experience in refrigerated and reefer customer base.
- Outlook, Micro Soft Word and Excel knowledge.
- Pricing and market expertise to drive future strategic approach
Managerial Experience: Ability to manage time and work efficiently.
Office Skills: Keyboarding, filing and ten key skills.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume.
- Must possess a current valid driver’s license.
- Involves a high degree of responsibility for working with, safeguarding and controlling highly restricted information, knowledge or important confidences and criterion related to research and development of customer data, future plans, policies, business prospects, finances, etc. the release of which could have a detrimental effect and impact on the company’s affairs or undermine its competitive position.
- Must be self-motivated and have the ability to maintain confidentiality. Must be friendly, punctual, organized, have a positive attitude and be able to work unsupervised
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Prioritize and organize tasks.
- Handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions when requested.
- Daily outside travel to make sales calls in any weather.
- Light physical activity performing non-strenuous daily activities of an administrative nature.
- Outside sales people are regularly required to sit, stand, travel to and from a customer’s place of business, tour the place of business, work on a personal computer, reach and handle items, work with the fingers, see clearly at 20 feet or more, have depth perception, peripheral vision, adjust focus and talk and hear others in conversations via the phone or in person.
- Outside travel in all weather is required.
- Can be subject to occasional wet or humid conditions (non-weather), fumes or airborne particles, extreme cold (non-weather), and outdoor weather conditions when touring prospect or client plants.
- There may be slippery conditions or other hazardous footing on the service center dock or when making outside sales calls.
- Overnight travel (potentially up to 30%) by land and/or air required.
The above statements reflect the general details necessary to describe the principal functions of the position and are not intended to be all inclusive. The position and any of the requirements listed above are subject to change at any time according to the changing needs of the company.