Website Prime Distribution Services
Location: Plainfield, IN 46168
Employee Type: Full Time
Manages Others: No
Job Type: Distribution – Inventory Control
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent required
Founded in 1990, Prime Distribution Services is an industry leader in providing cost-effective national distribution programs that can assist vendors through warehousing, cross docking, packaging and multi-vendor freight consolidation. Our services include nationwide LTL consolidation programs servicing some of the nation’s largest retailers.
- Performs cycle counts of inventory and makes corresponding adjustments to inventory system.
- Enters inventory count data and fully reconciles and identified variances.
- Executes product transfers to and from various inventory accounts.
- Monitors product use dates and reports variances and causes of variances.
- Uses forklift to move product and materials in warehouse.
- Safely operates forklift and order pickers. Demonstrates the ability to safely effectively and safely operate forklifts and order pickers. Meets productivity requirements for assigned work. Work is performed in a warehouse and production environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is required to safely operate forklifts and order pickers and to physically handle product and material throughout the day. May be required to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Performs cycle counts. Performs cycle counts on warehouse inventories based on cycle count schedule. Accurately enters inventory counts from cycle counts in to the inventory system, recognizing and identifying any resulting inventory variances.
- Reconciles inventory variances. Reconciles variances identified in cycle counts, or otherwise identified. Able to identify the variance and cause of variance for each variance identified. Reports inventory variances and cause for variances to management. If unable to identify cause for variance, takes information to management for additional review. Makes adjustment to inventory to correct for variances.
- Teamwork and Collaboration. Actively engages in production and team meetings and provides timely feedback to team regarding work topics. Understands organizational mesh points and potential synergies. Integrates team efforts across work team. Understands available resources and utilizes those resources when appropriate.
- Leadership. Acts with integrity. Treats others with dignity and respect. Models behavior that is consistent with Prime Distribution Values. Delivers on commitments and deadlines.
- Communication. Effectively communicates with team members. Demonstrates sound oral and written communication skills. Communicates effectively and professionally to both internal and external parties. Executes effective customer communication and relationship building techniques.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Proficiency with computer systems and software used to manage inventory, including Excel.
- Able to effectively work in a team environment.
- Must be performance and quality driven.
Prime Distribution Services provides a comprehensive health insurance package, 401(k) plan and the opportunity to work in an environment that values employees and customers at each point of the business. Equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com