Website Prime Distribution Services
Reports to: Director of Industrial Engineering
Position Summary: The Industrial Engineer is responsible for driving process improvements through LEAN, Continuous Improvement, and industrial engineering principles. This position will be located at the Prime Distribution Services office located in Plainfield, IN.
Essential Function / Responsibilities:
- Analyze processes for improvements in efficiency, safety, quality, ergonomics, and cost.
- Analyze and design the layout of the warehouse, workstation, and work areas.
- Analyze automation, equipment, and software for gains in process.
- Apply engineering principles to measure labor and process requirements, making recommendations for staffing and pricing based on process requirements.
- Communicate ideas clearly, present compelling reasons for change backed by data, and be able to identify improvements independently.
- Analytically challenge the status quo and develop multiple solutions and compare and contrast the cost/benefit of each.
- Work collaboratively with operations, IT, finance, HR, and customer sales teams to ensure processes are improved without negatively impacting other areas.
- Justify investments through economic and ROI analysis.
- Actively stay abreast of technology advancements and best practices within the Supply Chain and Warehousing Industry
Position may require periodic travel (up to 20%) to customers, vendors, or other Prime facilities. Position may require periods of lifting, bending, walking, and other physical movements within a warehousing environment.
Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering or similar
- 0-5 Years’ Experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and other office packages
- Supply Chain knowledge or training considered a plus
- Proficiency in the use of AutoCAD
- Fluent speaking and writing the English language
Prime Distribution Services, Inc. provides warehousing, cross-docking, packaging, and multi-vendor freight consolidation services. The company offers logistics, inventory management, order fulfillment, LTL consolidation program, retail case picking, truckload (TL) brokerage, electronic data interchange, and related LTL and TL services. It serves retailers, distributors, and warehouses in the United States. The company was founded in 1990 and is based in Indianapolis, Indiana with warehouse locations in Plainfield and Greenwood, Indiana; Stockton, California; Mesquite, Texas; and Atlanta, Georgia. It also has sales offices in Plainfield, Indiana; Bentonville, Arkansas; and Norcross, Georgia. Prime Distribution Services, Inc. operates as a subsidiary of Roadrunner Transportation Systems, Inc.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org