Prime Distribution Services, An Ascent Global Logistics Company
Reports To: Senior Director of Operations
The Freight Flow Supervisor position is responsible for assisting Senior Management directing and planning the daily activities of the warehouse, including labor scheduling, supervision, performance management and proper utilization of space and equipment. Knowledge of warehouse operations and technology is necessary.
Essential Function/Responsibility Statements
- Develop and implement all departmental assignments and schedules to ensure operational efficiency while meeting all corporate goals.
- Supervisory responsibility of 4-8 team members.
- Ensure orderly and timely movement of orders from the P&D’s to the appropriate shipping dock.
- Ensure pallets are wrapped, scanned and staged in the correct lanes, and are ready for shipment.
- Manage Runner productivity and quality.
- Work closely with the corporate HR department to execute all company policies and performance management of direct reports.
- Provide leadership in employee development.
- Work with the Senior Management to ensure all goals are consistently met.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Candidate must be willing to be a “hands-on” manager working side-by-side with the local Manager and associates as well as all corporate departments to accomplish all company objectives. Excellent initiative with strong analytical and problem-solving skills to handle all routine challenges with regards to inventory, warehousing, distribution, safety and personnel. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are a must. Ability to lead, teach and supervise as well as follow-up on work performed by assigned staff. Must be a self-motivated proven leader. Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate to all levels of personnel and customers, verbally and in writing.
Education: High School diploma or GED (College degree preferred)
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org