Ascent Global Logistics
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: Senior Vice President Carrier Relations & Yield Management
Purpose: The Director of TL Pricing has overall responsibility for all TL pricing within Ascent Domestic Freight Management. This includes enhancing our strategic carrier partnerships, managing all Contract Pricing, Spot Pricing, along with annual bid management and strategy. This manager must possess a strong understanding of the industry, be forward thinking and have the ability to build strong relationships both internally and externally. The ideal candidate will drive strategic pricing direction with Ascent Global Logistics’ carrier base to help the company meet its business objectives. This individual will work closely with multiple division heads within Ascent Global Logistics to meet pre-established goals.
Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Develop, motivate, coach and lead the Domestic Freight Management Solutions TL Pricing Team.
- Define/develop/implement and manage TL pricing strategy to support Brokerage Office spot market pricing needs
- Define/develop/implement and manage TL pricing strategy to support Brokerage Office contract pricing needs
- Create a process to effectively manage and track the success of all bid opportunities submitted.
- Enhancing our strategic TL carrier partnerships.
- Meet regularly with partner TL carriers to review general business performance.
- Develop new TL carrier relationships to meet current business needs.
- Responsible for the planning, development, and execution of department plans, projects, and directives.
- Ability to define, create, and manage meaningful KPI measurements and reporting to support department objectives, including the benchmarking of current TL market conditions to ensure optimal rate procurement.
- Create, manage and maintenance a full Carrier Scorecard encompassing all facets of our business and the departments tied to the TL process.
- Assist in the identification of TL technology with the goal of more effectively managing pricing processes.
- Demonstrate excellent knowledge of all solutions provided by Ascent Global Logistics.
- Complete Annual written performance reviews for assigned subordinates.
- Participate in customer/carrier entertainment as needed outside of regular work hours.
Receives guidance with respect to overall objectives; work with operations and within company and department policies and guidelines using independent judgment to achieve assigned objectives.
Qualifications and Requirements: The qualifications and requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education/Experience Skills: Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university; minimum of 5+ years’ experience.
- Strong Leadership Skills: Must demonstrate history of successful leadership
- Language Skills: Relies on written and verbal communication. Able to read, analyze and interpret financial reports, industry journals and legal documents. Able to respond to verbal and written inquiries. Able to effectively present information to customers, prospects, top management, and public groups. Communicates internally with all departments at the corporate office, with other terminals, third parties’ agencies, customers and prospects.
- Technical Experience: Specific industry skills include detailed understanding of Less-than-truckload pricing.
- Extensive experience using the following programs; MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Extensive knowledge of Mercury Gate TMS application.
- Managerial Experience: Experience managing expenditures and the selection, training, development and appraisal of employees.
- Office Skills: Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- Specific Skills: Must possess a current valid driver’s license. Involves a high degree of responsibility for working with, safeguarding and controlling highly restricted information, knowledge or important confidences and criterion related to research and development of customer data, future plans, policies, business prospects, finances, etc. the release of which could have a detrimental effect and impact on the company’s affairs or undermine its competitive position. Must be self-motivated, able to maintain confidentiality, honest, friendly, punctual, and organized, have a positive attitude and be able to work unsupervised.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and projects. Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions in written, oral, diagram or schedule form Prioritize, organize and delegate assignments.
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: Light physical activity performing non-strenuous daily activities of an administrative nature. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, reach/handle items, work with the fingers, see clearly at 20 feet or more, have depth perception, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus and talk and hear others in conversations via the phone or in person.
- Work Environment: The noise level is moderate based on general conversation tones, ringing phones and laser printer operation. Works in well-lighted, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor office setting with adequate ventilation. Can be subject to occasional wet or humid conditions (non-weather), fumes or airborne particles, extreme cold (non-weather), and outdoor weather conditions when touring prospect or client plants. Travel (25% minimum) by land and/or air required.
The above statements reflect the general details necessary to describe the principal functions of the position and are not intended to be all inclusive. The position and any of the requirements listed above are subject to change at any time according to the changing needs of the company.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org