Ascent Global Logistics
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports To: Senior Vice President of Transportation Solutions
Purpose: The primary responsibility of the Director of Client Services and Support is to support the company’s sales efforts and existing Clients within the Transportation Solution’s group to drive new revenue and meet/exceed sales profitability and budgetary objectives. Maintains customer satisfaction by providing problem-solving resources. Manages customer service staff, onboarding specialists and Reporting Specialists.
Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Develop, motivate, coach and lead the Transportation Solutions Client Services Team, On-Boarding Specialists and Reporting Specialists while creating a harmonious Team.
- Improves customer service quality results by studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes; establishing and communicating service metrics; monitoring and analyzing results; implementing changes.
- Maximizes customer operational performance by providing help desk resources and technical advice; resolving problems; detecting and diagnosing application problems.
- Applies knowledge of company products/services to efficiently process customer information, and respond to inquiries and complaints in a diplomatic manner.
- Builds and maintains quality relations with customers, peers, and subordinates.
- Calculates prices, discounts and proposals to meet specific customer requirements in an efficient manner.
- Remains current on market conditions regarding products, product updates and new technologies through available resources.
- Demonstrate excellent knowledge of all solutions provided by Ascent Global Logistics in all customer and prospect interactions.
- Achieves customer service objectives by contributing customer service information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying customer service trends; determining system improvements; implementing change.
- Oversees and improves upon Onboarding processes and materials while working with the Sales Leadership to achieve and maintain superior Client onboarding services for all clients.
- Create and develop meaningful KPI measurements and reporting for SVP and Sales Leadership.
- Oversee and maintain proper Commission records, reporting and programs for Transportation Solutions Staff.
- Maintain consistency and adherence to the Marketing Materials and go-to-market strategy developed for the Transportation Solutions Division
- Assist in recruiting for current needs as well as future positions in the group.
- Complete annual written performance reviews for assigned team members.
- Participate in customer entertainment as needed outside of regular work hours.
- Respond to customer inquiries and concerns in a timely and ethical manner.
Receives guidance with respect to overall objectives; work with operations and within company and department policies and guidelines using independent judgment to achieve assigned objectives.
Qualifications and Requirements: The qualifications and requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education/Experience Skills: Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university; or equivalent work experience.
- Language Skills: Relies on written and verbal communication. Able to respond to verbal and written inquiries or complaints from customers. Able to effectively present information to customers, prospects, top management, and public groups. Communicates internally with all departments at the corporate office, with other terminals, third parties agencies, customers and prospects.
- Technical Experience: Specific industry skills include detailed understanding of Less-than-truckload 3PL sales, truckload brokerage sales (agent and employee), and freight audit/payment.
- Working knowledge of Mercury Gate TMS application.
- Managerial Experience: Experience managing accounts and the selection, training, development and appraisal of employees.
- Office Skills: Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and ten key skills.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- Specific Skills: Must possess a current valid driver’s license. Involves a high degree of responsibility for working with, safeguarding and controlling highly restricted information, knowledge or important confidences and criterion related to research and development of customer data, future plans, policies, business prospects, finances, etc. the release of which could have a detrimental effect and impact on the company’s affairs or undermine its competitive position. Must be self-motivated, able to maintain confidentiality, honest, friendly, punctual, and organized, have a positive attitude and be able to work unsupervised.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and projects. Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions in written, oral, diagram or schedule form. Prioritize, organize and delegate assignments.
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: Light physical activity performing non-strenuous daily activities of an administrative nature. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, reach/handle items, work with the fingers, see clearly at 20 feet or more, have depth perception, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus and talk and hear others in conversations via the phone or in person.
- Work Environment: The noise level is moderate based on general conversation tones, ringing phones and laser printer operation. Works in well-lighted, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor office setting with adequate ventilation. Can be subject to occasional wet or humid conditions (non-weather), fumes or airborne particles, extreme cold (non-weather), and outdoor weather conditions when touring prospect or client plants. Travel (10% minimum) by land and/or air required.
The above statements reflect the general details necessary to describe the principal functions of the position and are not intended to be all inclusive. The position and any of the requirements listed above are subject to change at any time according to the changing needs of the company.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com