Website Ascent Global Logistics
Purpose: A Capacity Specialist is charged with developing relationships with carrier partners in order to match loads with available capacity. This specialist must possess a strong understanding of the industry, be forward thinking and have the ability to build strong relationships both internally and externally in order to meet pre-established goals.
Reports to: Operations Team Leader
- Work in concert with all team members, including Customer Specialist, Operations Specialist, Dedicated Account Leaders and the sales group to support the office’s initiatives
- Develop new carrier relationships to meet current business needs
- Ability to adjust to market conditions to ensure optimal rate procurement
- Monitor carrier performance to ensure the shipper’s requirements are being met
- Ensure that all carrier partners are accurately dispatched and positioned for success
- Support the office’s goals by having a strong, operational understanding of the shipper’s requirements and the carrier’s ability to meet those requirements
- Ensure the information contained on the carrier confirmation is accurate and complete
- Enter the carrier’s dispatcher and driver information into the TMS system
- Initiate the tracking request to the driver
- Demonstrate excellent knowledge of carrier onboarding, paperwork submission and settlement processes
- Foster a safe operating environment by having a strong understanding of DOT regulations, including Hours of Service (HOS)
- Provide carrier support by addressing inquiries received by email or phone in a timely, courteous and professional manner
- Resolve carrier issues and recommend corrective and preventative actions to improve overall service to all stakeholders
- Recommend, develop and enhance operational procedures in order to improve internal processes and overall service
- Participate in proactive team efforts, including extensive cross-training, to achieve office’s revenue, gross margin and overall production goals
Receives guidance for overall objectives; work with operations and within company and department policies and guidelines using independent judgment to achieve assigned objectives.
Qualifications and Requirements: The qualifications and requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education/Experience Skills: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint) and Email
- Internal TMS Software
- Internal Phone System
- Ability to effectively present and communicate with other team members and carrier customers
- Knowledge of domestic modes of transportation
- Knowledge of customer contracts and tariffs (accessorials)
- Knowledge of freight classes
- Knowledge of freight bill processing
- Experience in brokerage, forwarding and/or carrier operations
Other/Additional Job Elements: Include any additional information specific to this position that is not represented elsewhere in this job description (i.e. special requirements, working conditions, non-standard work schedule, etc.)
- Knowledge of company policies
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to complete special projects as assigned
- Provide after-hours phone coverage and customer service when required
- Ability to work flexible shifts
The above statements reflect the general details necessary to describe the principal functions of the position and are not intended to be all-inclusive. The position and any of the requirements listed above are subject to change at any time according to the changing needs of the company.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com