Ascent Global Logistics
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports To: Director of Client Services
The primary responsibility of the Client Services Specialist is to support the company’s sales efforts with new and existing clients. Responsibilities include the following, but other duties may be assigned:
- Work with all members of the Transportation Solutions Client Services Team in a harmonious manner with the end goal being the best overall client experience for all of our clients while maintaining proper standards and procedures.
- Maximizes customer operational performance by providing help desk resources and technical advice; resolving problems; detecting and diagnosing application problems.
- Applies knowledge of company products/services to efficiently process customer information, and respond to inquiries and complaints in a diplomatic manner.
- Builds and maintains quality relations with customers, peers, and subordinates.
- Remains current on market conditions regarding products, product updates and new technologies through available resources.
- Demonstrate excellent knowledge of all solutions provided by Ascent Global Logistics in all customer and prospect interactions.
- Respond to customer inquiries and concerns in a timely and ethical manner.
- Contacts customers via telephone or other correspondence as frequently as necessary to meet and satisfy customer needs.
- Provide support to other departments and disseminate information that should be shared with specific departments.
- Maintains updated, organized files on all assigned customers.
- Analyzes customer accounts and promptly makes corrections and/or modifications to files.
- Contacts customers to obtain missing information or data to ensure an accurate customer database.
- Works as a liaison between Ascent program carriers and customer to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Improves quality service by recommending improved processes.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Other/Additional Job Elements: Knowledge of customer service methods, business processes and policies. Ability to accept special projects as assigned by the SVP Transportation Solutions or Executive Management.
Qualifications and Requirements: The qualifications and requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education/Experience Skills: Associates degree preferred. A minimum of 2 years of customer service experience required.
Language Skills: Able to effectively communicate and present information to customers in a verbal and written manner.
Office Skills: Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to interpret a variety of instructions (verbal and written) and to prioritize and organize workday and assignments to ensure all requests are accomplished within the expected response time with accuracy.
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: Light physical activity performing non-strenuous daily activities of an administrative nature. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, reach/handle items, work with the fingers, see clearly at 20 feet or more, have depth perception, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus and talk and hear others in conversations via the phone or in person.
- Work Environment: The noise level is moderate based on general conversation tones, ringing phones and laser printer operation. Works in well-lighted, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor office setting with adequate ventilation. Can be subject to occasional wet or humid conditions (non-weather), fumes or airborne particles, extreme cold (non-weather), and outdoor weather conditions when touring prospect or client plants. Travel (10% minimum) by land and/or air may be required.
The above statements reflect the general details necessary to describe the principal functions of the position and are not intended to be all-inclusive. The position and any of the requirements listed above are subject to change at any time according to the changing needs of the company.