Ascent Global Logistics
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: Truckload General Manager
Purpose: As a Carrier Sales Coordinator, you will aggressively market the company brand to establish and develop strong relationships with third party carriers, ensure that all booked freight is covered using both internal assets and our partner carriers, and manage the safe and cost-efficient delivery of our customer’s products.
Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Ensures customer’s freight is picked up and delivered using safe, reliable carriers.
- Develop and manage a network of outside carriers to ensure adequate capacity for their assigned market.
- Negotiate with carriers to meet margin requirements and ensure maximum profitability.
- Ensure customer satisfaction and adequate service levels where freight is picked up and delivered using safe, reliable carriers.
- Manage all freight in transit by obtaining adequate updates from carriers/drivers to monitor movement and ensure on time delivery.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Other duties as assigned.
Receives very general guidance with respect to overall objectives; work is usually quite independent of others; operates within division or department policy guidelines using independent judgment in achieving assigned objectives.
Qualifications and Requirements: The qualifications and requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education/Experience Skills: A general business degree and or previous industry experience; or 3-5 years office management related experience and training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Skills: Relies on written and verbal communication.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
- Communicates internally with corporate office staff, and externally with other sales force, agents, customers, and service providers.
Technical Experience: Specific industry or position skills.
- Intermediate personal computer skills, including electronic mail, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc.
- Preferred knowledge of AS/400 and Microsoft Office
Managerial Experience: None.
Office Skills: Average typing, filing and ten key skills.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with mathematical concepts and apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- Must have previous customer service experience.
- Prior transportation experience is preferred.
- Must have excellent communication and organizational skills.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
- Prioritize tasks.
- Handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Prioritize, organize and delegate assignments.
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sedentary physical activity performing non-strenuous daily activities of an administrative nature.
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to sit, reach/handle items, work with the fingers, and talk and hear others in conversations via the phone or in person. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- The noise level is moderate based on general conversation tones, ringing phones and laser printer operation.
- Work in well-lighted, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor office setting with adequate ventilation.
The above statements reflect the general details necessary to describe the principal functions of the position and are not intended to be all inclusive. The position and any of the requirements listed above are subject to change at any time according to the changing needs of the company.