Ascent Global Logistics
Are you an ambitious person looking for growth and opportunity? Would you like to work with a dynamic team in a great office environment? If so, then Ascent Global Logistics is the opportunity you’ve been looking for!
Purpose: To assist in the maintenance of the Ascent Carrier Database, ensuring records are current and accurate at all times. Assisting Coordinators, Manager, and / or Director with special projects as assigned.
Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Input new carrier registration data into the appropriate TMS, while maintaining Dept Service Standards
- Update Carrier Remit To / Terms as requested in all operating systems on an ongoing basis.
- Process Carrier insurance updates
- Provide email and phone support for department.
- Follow department guidelines for maintaining carrier database compliance
Performs routine duties with minimal supervision following standard practices or procedures; occasional check of work while in progress; work is reviewed upon completion.
Qualifications and Requirements: The qualifications and requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education/Experience Skills: High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
Language Skills: Relies on written and verbal communication
- Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently via phone
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos
- Ability to write simple, effective correspondence
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to agents and other employees of the organization
- Will communicate internally with many corporate departments and externally with independent brokerage agents and their carriers and customers
Technical Experience: General administrative skills
- Proficient personal computer skills including email, record keeping, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc.
- Preferred knowledge of AS400, RMIS, TMS, Microsoft Office and the ability to learn new programs quickly.
Managerial Experience: None.
Office Skills: Typing, filing and ten key skills.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Prioritize tasks.
- Handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Moderate physical activity performing non-strenuous daily activities of an administrative nature.
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to sit, reach/handle items, work with the fingers, and talk and hear others in conversations via the phone or in person. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, climb or balance and lift objects up to 20 lbs.
- The noise level is moderate based on general conversation tones, ringing phones and laser printer operation.
- Work in well-lighted, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor office setting with adequate ventilation.
Department Schedule: Monday – Friday. Department hours are 7:00am – 5:30 pm CST, with varying 8 hour coverage shifts
Ascent Global Logistics offers comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance package, matching 401(K) program, along with the opportunity to work in an environment that values employees and customers at each point of the business.