Ascent Global Logistics
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports To: General Manager
Purpose: The Account Coordinator position focuses on assisting customers with Import/Export brokerage and freight forwarding.
Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Prepare and execute documents for U.S. Customs and other government agency releases
- Day to day customer service management
- Quote rates
- Track shipments
- International and Domestic freight coordination
- Data entry and general clerical
- Other duties as assigned
Receives general guidance with respect to overall objectives; work is usually quite independent of others but operates in a team environment; operates within the division or department policy guidelines using independent judgment in achieving assigned objectives.
Qualifications and Requirements: The qualifications and requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions when requested.
- High school diploma or GED required. College degree helpful.
- Industry experience preferred.
- Previous office experience required.
Language Skills: Relies on written and verbal communication.
- Communicates internally with all internal employees; externally with customers, agents, consignees and prospects.
Technical Experience: Specific industry or position skills.
- International Logistics-all modes
- Basic understanding of Customs Process
- Outlook, Micro Soft Word and Excel knowledge.
Managerial Experience: Ability to manage time and work efficiently.
Office Skills: Keyboarding, filing and ten key skills. MS Office. Familiar with Sales and Marketing Software/CRM.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, rates, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume.
- Must possess a current valid driver’s license
- Involves a high degree of responsibility for working with, safeguarding and controlling highly restricted information, knowledge or important confidences and criterion related to research and development of customer data, future plans, policies, business prospects, finances, etc. the release of which could have a detrimental effect and impact on the company’s affairs or undermine its competitive position.
- Must be self-motivated and have the ability to maintain confidentiality. Must be friendly, punctual, organized, have a positive attitude and be able to work unsupervised
- Relationships and contacts within accounts based in the assigned accounts.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Prioritize and organize tasks.
- Handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions when requested.
- Light physical activity performing non-strenuous daily activities of an administrative nature.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, work on a computer, reach and handle items, work with the fingers, see clearly at 20 feet or more, have depth perception, peripheral vision, adjust focus and talk and hear others in conversations via the phone or in person.
The above statements reflect the general details necessary to describe the principal functions of the position and are not intended to be all-inclusive. The position and any of the requirements listed above are subject to change at any time according to the changing needs of the company.
Ascent Global Logistics is a participant in the CTPAT program and, as such, requires safety and security to be a responsibility of all personnel. Each individual will be provided training and is responsible to report any threats or anomalies to management or security immediately. Ascent Global Logistics is an EOE.